Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Bon Jovi!!

This is all I have been talking about for the past few days, so it only makes sense that I would blog about it too!

On Friday the 12th, I sat at my computer, refreshing the ticketmaster.com page every 10 seconds waiting impatiently for the Bon Jovi Live 2011 Tour tickets to go on sale. And then it was time...10:00 AM hit and the tickets were up for grabs! In only 7 minutes, Vancouver's GM Place sold out. And yes, I was one of the lucky ones who snatched up two tickets for Craig and I to go and see the show in March 2011! The concert will be one day after my birthday, so it's basically the BEST birthday present I could ever ask for!

I've always been a Bon Jovi fan ever since I heard his songs playing on the radio in the car on the way to school, church, the mall as a kid and a teen. But it wasn't until I started working with Craig that I fell in love with his music.

Craig was so sick of listening to Salmon Arm's not so great radio station, and so he went out and purchased a fancy Sirius Satellite Radio for work. Together we'd work side by side, listening to the "Hair Nation" station, which plays all the 80's hits...Bon Jovi being featured every 4th song! So I got to be quite familiar with the rock 'n roll singer.

Although his classics "Livin' On A Prayer" and "It's My Life" are more than superb, my favorite songs are "Always", "Bad Medicine" & "This Ain't A Love Song". You don't hear these songs on the radio that often, which is why I love them. When you do hear them, your heart flutters a bit. A memory comes back. You can't help but dance and play the air-guitar...Yes, you heard me, play the air-guitar. And you get into it.

 Well, it's quite obvious that I cannot wait for March to come. In the meantime, I'm listening to Bon Jovi every day. Craig say's I'll be sick of him by the time we go to the concert, but I don't think that's possible.


Here is Bon Jovi performing "Always" live. A little taste of what we'll hear in only 4 months!

No comments:

Post a Comment