Thursday, October 21, 2010

And I Said I'd Never...

Since I can remember, watching mums who would suck on their babies fingers, or share off of the same spoon as their toddler, or sharing kleenex's with their kids, I would gag. I would gag so much that I would run to the nearest bathroom in case a little somethin' somethin' decided it wanted to come up.

I swore to myself that when I was a mom I would NEVER do that kind of stuff. Spit and drool was completely off limits to me, my excuse always being: You have no idea where those grubby little baby fingers have been!

And then it happened...not even 2 hours ago, I was playing with Sam on my bed, dangling toys in front of his face and making funny noises when suddenly his pudgy little fingers shot up towards my face and out of a motherly habit I took those little fingers in my mouth and pretended to chomp on them and he was giggling like I've never heard before! He loved it! He thought it was so funny that I was eating his hands (weirdo)!

So there you have it. I said I'd never, and I did, and I'll do it again because it made him happy and when he is happy I am happy. Oh, and I do know where those little fingers have been. In fact he had just gotten out of the bath and was squeaky clean - perfect for finger munching.

Besides, how can you say no to this anyways?

1 comment:

  1. Such a cutie. Seriously I miss him! I never get to see Sam!! I will leave the finger munching to you...but I want baby hang out time! I am supposed to live vicariously through you for years to come remember? Awesome writing by the way. :)

    ReplyDelete